Upgrading your Instance VersionDocs List
PocketHost supports all versions of PocketBase.
Your instance uses semver version (
0.16.0) or semver range (
~0.16.0) to describe which version of PocketBase to run.
You may change this using the Danger Zone in the instance details.
Automatic Upgrade Steps (most cases) 🔗
- Back up your instance
- Change to the new version you want. Typically, it is safe to use
~in front, which will auto-upgrade any patch release. For example, if the current version of PocketBase is
0.16.5, then specifying a semver range of
0.16.6when it is released, but will not match
0.17.0when it is released. For now, locking to the minor version is advised until PocketBase reaches v1.0.
- Take your instance out of maintenance mode so it is once again live.
Manual Upgrade Steps (rare) 🔗
Sometimes, the automated upgrade is not possible or may leave your PocketHost instance in an unresponsive state because PocketBase exits when it notices a problem with the database schema. In that case, you must perform a manual upgrade.
- Back up your instance via the PocketBase admin
- Download your database backup via the PocketBase admin
- On your local machine, perform whatever upgrade steps are necessary according to the PocketBase documentation
- Perform a backup locally
- Restore the backup via the live PocketBase admin
- Downgrading to an earlier version may work in some cases, but is not advised. See #271 for further details.
- When a new version of PocketHost is run for the first time, it may run migrations on its system tables. These migrations are typically non-destructive